Noorden Digitaal Talent Award 2020
Have you made a brilliant discovery? Or did you come up with an innovative solution? Did you work on this discovery or solution in a project, course or thesis trajectory, or did you publish an article about it in 2019 or 2020?
Are you a student affiliated with an educational institution located in the province of Groningen, Friesland or Drenthe? And does your discovery or solution play an important role in the world of digitalization?
The application period for the Noorden Digitaal Talent Award 2020 has expired.
It is no longer possible to register your initiative.
Then sign up for the ‘Noorden Digitaal Talent Award’ to find out whether the professional jury and public jury are just as convinced of your idea or discovery!
Win 500 euros!
There are three categories in which you can win a prize:
- Best discovery: A concept, idea, theory, or new insight. For example, you have written a thesis or article on the effects of digitalization on society. Or, you have written a super cool addition to the literature or obtained a new insight based on the data.
- Best solution: A product, service, or prototype. For example, you worked with a number of other students on an interesting assignment at a company last year and you developed a prototype for this company. Or, your thesis was about digital resilience in the elderly and you have written an advice for the municipality of Emmen about this.
- Public Choice Award: The entry with the most votes from the audience wins the public choice award.
How does it work?
Students who are registered in one of the study programs (including PhD) in one of the northern provinces (Friesland, Groningen, Drenthe) can participate. You can participate from secondary education, and it does not matter what year you are in. Your entry must have been assessed by your study program, or was accepted by a publishing journal in 2020.
For the first round, submit your discovery or solution using the registration form below. After we have assessed the first submissions, we will announce the shortlist for the second round. You will receive a professional workshop and personal feedback to prepare yourself for the second round.
Terms and Conditions
Your submission is based on the registration form. You must be (or have been in 2019-2020) connected to a study program (including PhD) or school in the north of the Netherlands (Drenthe / Friesland / Groningen). All pupils in secondary education and students at MBO, HBO and WO can submit an entry.
You can hand in your submission in English or Dutch. The submission must be assessed by the study program / school or published between January 1, 2020 and December 1, 2020.
Note: you can register till the 3th of Januari 2021!
The following components are included in the assessment:
- Impact: what is the potential impact of the discovery / solution?
- Knowledge: the discovery contributes to knowledge about digitization.
- Problem-solving: the solution is aimed at a (social) problem.
- Broad view: it has been found that the pupil / students has a broad view of the subject and / or is able to use multiple sources.
By filling in the form below, you sign up to participate in the Noorden Digital Talent Award. Do you represent a group? Then you can add the details of the other group members later in the form.